EMP 2 Blu-ray player
Modern video- and audio processing in both two- and multichannel gives excellent picture quality and HighEnd sonic quality.
Lots of connections give great flexibility both for use in a surround or stereo set-up, or a combination of the above. The EMP 2 is a real multiplayer that works perfectly as a player in a multichannel set-up and as a two-channel CD/SACD player.
The EMP 2 offers both 7.1 RCA outputs and balanced XLR stereo outputs – the way you would expect it from an Electrocompaniet product.
In additon to playback of all available disk format the player also works as a streamer of music and pictures that are stored on you computer, memory stick or aSATA disk.
- Qdeo video processor from Marvell for optimal Blu-ray playback gives a natural picture without noise and artefacts. DVD movies are upscale to HD-format.
- SACD playback is possible in both stereo and multichannel – using DSD format. The DSD data-stream is sent directly from the disk to the DAC’s for direct transmission to analogue audio. Filters on the output removes high frequency noise and amplitude and phase characteristics of the signal is maintained.
- A separate balanced stereo output offers high quality two-channel playback to you existing stereo set-up. Discrete class A output circuits and the best DAC available.PCM format is up scaled to 192kHz/24bit before being sent to the DAC’s, DSD format is direct.
- Audio playback: Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master
- Video playback: True24p Video, Blu-ray 2D/3D, Full HD 1080p, BD-Live (Profile 2.0), BonusVIEW, HDMI 1.4a
- Media support : CD, DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray (2D and 3D), AVCHD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE, BD-R/RE DL
- Streaming: DLNA Certified, Ethernet/WiFi
Connections: Dual HDMI 1.4a, eSATA, USB2.0, RS232 , Ethernet wired and wireless, 7.1ch audio, 2.0ch balanced, Composite & Component video
|No. of channels||7.1ch single ended + 2ch balanced|
|Output impedance||100 ohm|
|Output level||Balanced, 0dBFs||2Vrms Single ended, 3Vrms Balanced|
|Noise floor||20 - 20 kHz||< - 130 dB|
|Frequency deviation||20 - 20 kHz||< 0.02 dB|
|Channel separation||> 110 dB|
|THD + N||20 - 20 kHz||< 0.004%|
|Digital/Analog Conversion||24 bit, 192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||110dB single ended, 120 dB balanced|
|Compatible formats||CD, DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray (2D and 3D), AVCHD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE, BD-R/RE DL|
|Dimensions||W x D x H||466 x 316 x 93 mm / 18.3 x 12.4 x 3.6 inches|
|Weight||10 kg / 22 lbs|
|Power consumption||No load or signal||35 W (0.5W Standby)|
|Audio Outputs||1 x 2ch. balanced line out (XLR)
7.1ch single ended (RCA)
|Digital Outputs||2x HDMI
1x TosLink SPDIF
1x Coax SPDIF
|Video Outputs||2 x HDMI (NTSC: 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24,
Component (Pr, Pb, Y)
Specifications are subject to change without further notice.